· Cooked rice – 1 cup ·Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
·Oil (preferably coconut oil)
– 1 tbsp ·Mustard seeds
– 1 tsp ·Channa dal
– 1 tbsp ·Urad dal
– 1 tbsp ·Cashew nuts
– 6-8 ·Red chillies
– 2 ·Green chillies
– 2 (optional) ·Curry leaves
– 1 sprig ·Asafoetida – a pinch
1. Cook the rice such that each grains are separate. You can use left over rice to make this.
2. Heat oil in a pan and pop the mustard seeds.
3. Next add the channa dal, urad dal, cashew nuts and fry for few minutes on low flame till it turns golden brown.
4. Add the chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
5. Now add the grated coconut and roast for few minutes till it gets dry and starts getting a slight color change. Do not let it change color completely.
6. Add required salt and the cooked rice. Stir fry till everything gets mixed well and switch off. Coconut Rice is ready to be served.