1. Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and splutter the cumin and fennel seeds.
2. Add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry for a minute till the raw smell vanishes.
4. Add the chicken pieces, beaten yogurt and salt. Stir fry for few minutes.
5. Add all the dry spice powders (corriander, cumin, chilly, turmeric and fennel powders).
6. Add the tomato puree and required water. If you want a dry dish add very little water.
7. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes till the oil seperates from the masala.
8. Finally add the methi leaves and garam masala powder.
9. Cook for a minute and switch off.
10. Serve hot with roti, pulao, idli or white rice.